Corporate Sales Manager
About the business and the role
Good360 is a way for businesses to donate brand new goods to charities and Not For Profits to help Australians in need. Good360’s Circle of Good makes giving easy and gets good things to people who need them most. With one simple phone call, businesses can now connect unwanted brand new goods to people who need them most. Our website provides charities with a one-stop destination for accessing new nonperishable goods from some of Australia’s biggest brands, retailers and manufacturers.
And this is your chance to be a part of the revolution!
We’re in search of product procurement specialist to “sell” the Good360 model to the corporate retail sector. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Corporate Sales Manager will work with the national team to manage and enhance existing relationships, and build new relationships by identifying and presenting the opportunities and possibilities available to corporates through partnering with Good360. The Corporate Sales Manager will contribute to the development of the strategic plan to assist with product donation and growth strategies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
With a comfort in selling and persuading, the ideal person for this role will:
- Be highly motivated by the competitive, entrepreneurial world of sales and persuasion
- Enjoy helping others and be prepared to roll your sleeves up when the need arises
- Be capable of utilising an above average vocabulary to describe, explain and market our concept when communicating with a prospect
- Respond well to demands on their time and generally work at a brisk pace
- Appreciate the details of procedures but can adapt their sales techniques when a situation calls for it
- Respond to client issues at an even pace and maintain effective time management skills when making decisions
- Be effective without direct management, yet welcome some structure and supervision as needed
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude about the outcome of a sale but will not let themselves be easily mislead in the process
- Demonstrate some level of independence but function best when provided supervision and structure by their manager
- Utilise data in order to make deliberate decisions based on the logical application of objectivity and practicality.
If you feel this describes you, you resonate with our mission and you are great at product management then please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Friday 9 December 2016.
Skills and experience
Qualifications and experience (essential):
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or 5 years + workplace-based experience procurement, product management, partnerships or sales experience.
- Strong leadership qualities, including strategic thinking and ability to inspire others
- High level of relationship management skills to build relationships with members and staff, and key partners and stakeholders
- A proven successful, track record of acquiring, retaining and growing partnerships so they increase their financial and non-financial value over time
- Ability to network and develop strong, consultative, senior commercial relationships
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, and extensive experience in developing and presenting proposals
- Confidence to speak in public and deal with senior personnel at corporates to capitalise on leads and opportunities
- Excellent strategic research, pitch, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work effectively to meet tight deadlines for proposals and reporting
- Excels at developing strong case for support for business in a complex and often hierarchical environment
- Creative flair for the development of innovative partnership concepts and process improvements to add value to Good360’s corporate partnerships offering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and products (specifically Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Previous experience in use of CRM systems is advantageous.
- Genuine interest to work in a Non-profit to make significant change and improve the lives of Australians in need.
There may be occasional need to travel interstate for corporate client meetings. This should be limited, however, it will be a requirement of this role that the candidate is prepared to travel in such circumstances.