Volunteer Profile – Nick Craig
- When did you commence with Good360?
My induction to Good360 was on the 22nd of February 2017.I am still volunteering in the organization.
- What is your role at Good360?
My role at Good 360 is to provide back-end data to the Giving Team so that the organization can provide excellent service and strong relationships for our large portfolio of charity members.
- Where do you call home?
I was born in Sydney, Australia. I currently live in the inner west of Sydney.
- Tell us a bit more about yourself!
I decided to register as a volunteer with the NSW volunteers program. It came after many years working in the Hospitality industry.
I was born with a genetic condition Cystic Fibrosis (CF) that was a serious illness, requiring early intervention from specialist doctors. Much of my life was dictated by medical appointments, sickness and hospital time.
Despite this outcome I have been busy having a go in life. I have worked in Hospitality from the age of 15. I loved working with people for people.
I also love the social environment, being part of special events, memories and teams of professionals.
Many years ago I travelled to USA, Europe and Asia in a working holiday adventure. It was an eye opener to see so many places, cultures, buildings, monuments and hostel rooms!
Over the last few years, a life-saving event occurred on the 19th August 2013.
The illness (CF) had worsened my health to the point of needing a Double Lung and Liver Transplant. That morning I was called to go to the hospital as the matching organs were available. I have been living as a new person and has allowed me to do things like never before.
I have seen food waste in kitchens which has made me think of our planet, people and systems.
To have been helped all my life and have been given the ultimate gift, I want to help others in need. I have many people skills that could be used to help others. My life experience can be a positive influence to others in need. I have a family and a pet dog, Ollie a 3-year-old PUG.
- What roles/jobs have you undertaken and for what organisations/industries?
I did odd jobs from a young age.
- Cleaning building sites
- Helping sporting clubs
I entered Hospitality and worked as a kitchen hand in local restaurants. Then I worked in McDonald’s in the city as a counter-hand for 18 months while studying at TAFE.
Then I did more roles as;
- Waiter, Barista, Restaurant Supervisor, Bar person, Club attendant, Floor Manager, Hotel Concierge, Chef, Administration employee, Lifestyle specialist, Volunteer.
Some of Organizations I have worked for include;
– McDonalds, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Westpac Group, Reserve Bank of Australia, Raffles Hotel, Cystic Fibrosis NSW, Clubs NSW, Australian Hotels Association (AHA), LesConcierges, Zest Waterfront Venues, Good360
- What are your passions? What are your interests? What do you consider your main achievements in life so far?
I have a passion for living, specifically to do more and to be resourceful and useful.
I like to create things and be hands on.
My goal would to be work for an organization that connects with community and allows me to use my communication skills to help others.
My interests include; Food, Adventure, Cookery, Music, Arts, Reading, Fashion, Watching sports, Playing Golf, Keeping Fit