Volunteer Profile – Jason Guan
- When did you commence with Good360? November 2016.
- What is your role at Good360? I am on the accounts and administration team. My main responsibilities include activating and maintaining charity registrations and completing daily bank reconciliation consisting of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Where do you call home? Sydney, NSW
- Tell us a bit more about yourself! I am the youngest in a family of four and currently a university student – Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting at Macquarie University.
- What roles/jobs have you undertaken and for what organisations/industries?Good360 is
my firstactual work experience I have!
- What are your passions? What are your interests? What do you consider your main achievements in life so far? Passions: helping people on a daily basis. Interests: reading and a huge sporting fanatic – including basketball, soccer and tennis. I play but not competitively (just with friends). Favourite Basketball Team – Oklahoma City Thunder. Favourite Tennis Player – Roger Federer. Travel:
idealplace would be either USA or Europe.
Main achievements: Getting into university is my biggest achievement. With that being said, by volunteering at Good360 has given me a positive reflection of life working with generous people. I am proud to find Good360 as a way to start my career and am grateful of having this wonderful experience.
I am hoping to achieve a CA / CPA qualification once I finish my degree. I am interested in the taxation industry i.e. helping clients with lodging their tax returns and possibly help businesses develop financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements etc.